College To-Do List
- Build your resume in Naviance.
- Request letters of recommendation (at least 2)
- Make a list of at least 4 schools...be sure to match and fit your college choices.
- Make a list of application deadline dates
- Begin the application process inNaviance.
- Set up your Common Application profile
- Match your Common App profile to Naviance
- Make contact with your guidance counselor, Mrs. Daum and senior class advisor, Mrs. Goldsborough
- Search for scholarships on Naviance college tab.
- Financial aid must be completed between January 1st and March 1st....must meet this deadline to be considered for Maryland scholarships
Dual enrollment allows high school students to enroll in credit-bearing college courses at public universities while still in high school. Somerset County Public Schools will be offering two ways for students to participate in this opportunity: enroll in college classes on a college campus or enroll in college classes offered at an SCPS school. Students may take up to eight classes for college credit, none of which can be High School Assessment courses. Courses taught by SCPS teachers will count toward student G.P.A. and will use value added weighting whereas courses taught by non-SCPS staff will not count towards G.P.A.
Tuition will be paid by SCPS in 2015-16. Successful completion will lead to college credit and in some instances, high school credit.
SCPS dual enrollment brochure and application are at the bottom of the page.
Local Cooperating Universities
Salisbury University Application Form
Wor-Wic Community College for more information, see Dual Enrollment at Wor-Wic Community College
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Application Form
College Entrance Requirements